Treatment options in Mariánské Lázně
Medical care in our spa town has a long and very famous tradition. Originally, doctors treated their patients directly at the spa colonnade. Nowadays, experienced spa doctors - balneologists prescribe , advise and authorize the use of treatments directly in spa hotels.
Diseases of the locomotor apparatus
- metabolic diseases with joint impairment
- back pain - painful functional disorders of the spine
- aftercare after musculoskeletal injuries and orthopedic operations
- follow-up treatment after joint replacements
- arthritis in a non-inflammatory state
- hypertension in the 1st and the 2nd stage
- ischemic heart disease
- aftercare after heart surgery
- aftercare after myocardial infarction
- functional disorders of peripheral vessels
- conditions after thrombosis
- lower limb ischemic disease
Kidney and urinary tract diseases
- nonspecific chronic inflammation of the urinary tract
- chronic pyelonephritis
- aftercare after kidney and urinary tract surgery
- follow-up treatment after kidney transplantation
- aftercare after prostate surgery
Nonspecific diseases of the respiratory system
- chronic diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract
- chronic bronchitis
- bronchial asthma
- allergic respiratory diseases
- aftercare after upper and lower respiratory tract surgery
- allergic rhinitis
- aftercare after bacterial and viral diseases, including COVID-19
- non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (type 2)
General contraindications to spa treatment
- infectious diseases transmissible from human to human and bacillus carriers, especially of the abdominal type and para typhus.
- if an illness indicated for spa care is associated with respirátory tuberculosis /TB/ or another form of TB, spa care may be designed and authorized only after termination of antituberculosis drug treatment.
- all acute infectious diseases
- clinical signs of circulatory failure, malignant arrhythmias
- states after deep thrombosis up to 3 months after the disease healing, states after superficial thrombophlebitis up to 6 weeks after the disease healing
- unstable diabetes mellitus and decompensated diabetes mellitus
- often recurrent profuse bleeding of all kinds
- cachexia of all kinds
- oncological diseases during and after the treatment with clinically detectable signs of disease progression
- epilepsy, except the cases where there has been no attack in the last 3 years and whose EEG record does not have epileptic graph elements. If pathological changes persist in the EEG record, spa care can only be designed on the basis of a positive neurologist approval
- active attacks of psychosis or phases of psychoses and mental disorders with antisocial manifestations or reduced ability to communicate, transient states of confusion
- addiction to alcohol or any other addictive substances.
- inability to care for oneself and cope with everyday life / with the exception of the blind /. Admission of the patient (usually with a guide) is possible after the prior agreement of the spa chief physician.
- urinary and stool incontinence
- pregnancy / during the 2nd ant 3rd trimester of pregnancy are possible some kinds of spa treatments only after medical consultation/
- non-curable skin defects of any origin
- hypertension over 16 kPa of diastolic pressure / -120 mm Hg /.