Kinesiological taping comes from the word kinesis - movement. This is a treatment known mainly in the sports.
The Kinesio Taping Method is believed to cause physiological effects on several body systems. Method to microscopically lift the skin and motivate the body to start healing naturally. It is non- restrictive and allows for full range of motion.
Specific sticking of elastic bands to the skin normalizes muscle tension and improves the function of blood and lymphatic circulation. Nowadays, the technique is intended not only for athletes but also for the treatment of injuries, regeneration and rehabilitation. There are more types of taping - muscle, ligamentous and corrective taping.
Indications for kinesiotaping
- pain in the spine, joints, tendons and muscles
- in the field of sports - prevention, acute treatment, aftercare
- prolonging the effects of massages
- after injuries, in convalescence, rehabilitation
Contraindications to kinesiotaping
- allergic reactions to tape
- unhealed scars, injured skin
- varicose veins
- raised birthmarks, warts or other formations on the skin
- psoriasis, eczema, fungi